The US are set to receive Fede Alvarez's 'Evil Dead' remake on both DVD and Blu-ray from 16 July. Along with the announcement comes the Blu-ray artwork which will also feature a digital copy of the movie full of high-def blood and gore. The UK will have to wait a little longer for the DVD and Blu-ray which will hit stores on 12 August. The Sam Raimi, Bruce Campbell and Rob Tapert produced reimagining landed in theatres last month so its a quick turnaround for the home release but still looks to be chock-a-bloc full of featurettes, commentaries and other special behind the scenes documentaries. The redo stars Jane Levy ('Suburgatory'), Shiloh Fernandez ('Red Riding Hood'), Jessica Lucas ('Cloverfield'), Lou Taylor Pucci ('Carriers') and Elizabeth Blackmore. Check out the Blu-ray artwork and full list of special features below.
- Commentary featuring stars Jane Levy, Lou Taylor Pucci, Jessica Lucas, Director Fede Alvarez and writer Rodo Sayagues (Blu-ray exclusive)
- Making Life Difficult” - The Intense and Physically Exhausting Creation of the Film
- Being Mia - The Physical and Psychological Transformation into 'Evil Mia'
- Directing The Dead - Director Fede Alvarez re-imagines a cult horror classic
- Unleashing The Evil Force - Exploring the origins and design of the new Book of the Dead (Blu-ray exclusive)
- Evil Dead the Reboot - Cast Rehearsals, Bruce Campbell, Deadites and more! (Blu-ray exclusive)
"Five twenty-something friends become holed up in a remote cabin where they discover a Book Of The Dead. An archaeologist's tape recording reveals that the ancient text was discovered among the Khandarian ruins of a Sumerian civilization. Playing the taped incantations, the youths unwittingly summon up dormant demons living in the nearby woods, which possess the youngsters in succession until only one is left intact to fight for survival."
'Evil Dead' Blu-ray Artwork