Frank Darabont's eagerly anticipated zombie adaptation 'The Walking Dead' won't be arriving on our screens until October but it's certainly getting it's promotional blood pumping and things aren't slowing down as not only has a Comic Con panel date been announced (July 23rd) but a new one-sheet from the fest has also been revealed. Find out more below and check out the new poster.
Below is the official press release details for the event:
"The stars and producers of AMC’s highly-anticipated series “The Walking Dead,” based on the comic book written by Robert Kirkman and published by Image Comics, will descend on Comic-Con 2010 for a panel event and exclusive sneak preview of the original drama.
“The Walking Dead” panel, scheduled for Friday, July 23, at 11:30 AM in Room 6BCF, will feature series stars Andrew Lincoln (Love Actually), Jon Bernthal (“The Pacific”), Sarah Wayne Callies (“Prison Break”), Laurie Holden (The Mist), and Emma Bell (“Law & Order”). Joining the cast are writer, director, executive producer and three-time Academy Award nominee Frank Darabont (The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile); executive producers Kirkman and Gale Anne Hurd (The Terminator, Aliens, Armageddon); make-up artist Greg Nicotero (George Romero’s Land of the Dead, The Mist); and Joel Stillerman, AMC's SVP of original programming, production and digital content.
During the hour-long event, moderator Eric Moro of IGN.com will lead panelists in a discussion about their experience shooting the series in Atlanta and the process of bringing Kirkman’s comic book to life on the small screen, among other topics, followed by an exclusive first look at “The Walking Dead” and a Q&A session with attendees.
“The Walking Dead” panel will be complemented by a number of on-the-ground activities taking place throughout Comic-Con:
• Attendees will have an opportunity to get “zombified” by visiting “The Walking Dead” booth and putting themselves into a zombie scene from the series via a touch screen; AMC will email the photo to them.
• AMC will distribute limited edition "The Walking Dead" series posters from internationally recognized movie poster artist Drew Struzan (Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Harry Potter, Blade Runner, Hellboy and more).
• An autograph session will take place with Andrew Lincoln, Jon Bernthal, Sarah Wayne Callies, Frank Darabont, Robert Kirkman, Greg Nicotero and Gale Anne Hurd in the Image Comic Books booth.
• AMC will distribute limited edition "The Walking Dead" series buttons.
• AMC will have “The Walking Dead” walkers around the convention center and booth.
• “The Walking Dead” booth will be a semi-recreation of a scene from the pilot episode."