To celebrate the 24th January DVD release of Mirrors 2, which provides possibly some of the most innovative deaths weíve seen in horror (eating glass, decapitation by shower block pane, pizza cutter to the face) we decided to have a look at some of the more bizarre deaths that have happened in the home.
1. Death by toilet brush: Whoever told you the bathroom wasnít a dangerous place is a big, fat liar. In 2005 Cindy Corton was left with a strange injury after a drunkard fall in a friendís bathroom and it wasnít until two years later that hospital staff found out what happened. Apparently when slipping over Cindy fell on a toilet brush handle which then embedded itself in her buttock. After convincing doctors something had gone wrong Cindy underwent a routine procedure to remove the handle but as it had been there for two years had to endure two more operations to try and remove it. After much riskier surgery in 2007 Mrs. Corton sadly died from a massive blood clot.
2. Death by Lava Lamp: Why or how this came to light in the first place we arenít sure but Phillip Quinn, a 24 year old from Kent, Washington was killed in an attempt to heat a lava lamp bulb on his stove. The 24 year old, observing from just a few feet away was killed instantaneously by a shard of glass from the bulb which exploded when the heat built up pressure in the lamp.
3. Living in tropical countries has its perks but having wildlife at your door isnít necessarily as magnificent as you might think, according to his servants, Surinder Singh Bajwa the Deputy Major of Delhi, India was warding off several Rhesus Macaque Monkeys at his home when he fell from a first floor balcony suffering severe head injuries. Surinder later died from his injuries.
4. Possibly one of the most bizarre deaths weíve come across, Ronald McClagish died after being trapped inside a cupboard for a week. Attempting to free himself from the cupboard which trapped him, McClagish accidentally wrenched a water pipe from the wall, and the water gushing from the pipe eventually caused his death from bronchitis. His body was not discovered until two weeks later.
5. Last but not least Finnish actress Sirkka Sari died when she fell down a chimney. The actress was at a party celebrating the completion of her 3rd movie. Dancing into the night, Sirkka mistook a chimney for a balcony and fell down the chimney into a boiler dying instantly.
You can grab your copy of 'Mirrors 2' from all good DVD stockists right now!
And don't forget you can win a copy in our 'Mirrors 2 DVD Giveaway' here.